Reopening Date: June 27 will be our first Sabbath for in-person services.
Two Worship Services: Lansing Church is temporarily moving to two worship services.
We understand that there are those who feel strongly that masks should be worn and those who feel strongly that they should not wear a mask. Two services will provide the opportunity to accommodate both groups. The first service will require face masks. The second service will not require face masks. The spacing for 6-foot social distancing between family units limits the number of people we accommodate in our sanctuary to approximately 150.
Times of services:
First Service: 8:30 AM – Face masks required
Sabbath School: 10:00 AM – Via Zoom
Second Service: 11:15 AM – Face masks optional
Registration: You will need to register ahead of the worship service to ensure you have a seat due to social distancing requirements.
Sabbath School: This will continue via Zoom through the month of July.
Fellowship Meals: No church fellowship meals at this time.
Prayer Meeting: This will continue via Zoom through the month of July.
Before coming to church, ask yourself if you have had any of the following symptoms in the past 7 days.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If your answer to any of the above is, “yes,” then for your safety and for the safety of your church family, stay home.
In keeping with the CDC recommendation of 6′ spacing between households, we are limiting our sanctuary attendance to 150 people.
To accommodate everyone, there will be two services. You will need to register prior to coming on Sabbath morning. This will assure you that you have a seat. You will be able to register online or by phone.
What to bring:
Required during the first service,
Optional during the second service.
Bible and a sheet of paper to take notes.
Hymnal: If you have a hymnal, bring it as there will be no hymnals in the pews.
Understanding for those who may not see the pandemic the same way you do.
What to Expect:
To be BLESSED! This is our church family with just a few tweaks to help keep us safe.
- When You Arrive:Temperature: For your safety, your temperature will be taken at the door.
- Registration Check: If you have not registered, we may ask you to go to overflow or you be requested to join via livestream (if space capacity has been reached). As you can understand, this makes sure that those who have registered can be seated.
- Deacons & Deaconesses will guide you to your seat. Please keep 6 feet between your family and others.
- Worship Service:
- Children will stay in pews during children’s story.
- To decrease the possible spread of disease, hymnals and Bibles have been removed from pews.
- The bulletin is digital.
- Offering: You may place your tithes/offering in the offering box located in the foyer.
- DismissalWe will dismiss pews starting from the back of the sanctuary.
- We are asking everyone to exit as quickly as possible from the church and continue socializing in the parking lot.