“I saw that we should not put off the coming of the Lord. Said the angel: ‘Prepare, prepare, for what is coming upon the earth. Let your works correspond with your faith.’” — Testimonies, Vol. 1, pg. 123.2
- Sabbath School: The SS departments are working gon plans to bring your SS class to your living room.
- Church: Don’t miss the Livestream worship service. Every Sabbath at 10:50 AM. >>Click Here
- Tithes and Offering: Online here. Thank you for your faithfulness. >>Return Here
- Staying Connected in Small Groups: Every member connected with every member. Coming soon.
- Leaders of Small Groups Needed: Please sign up if you are willing to serve. >>Sign-up Here
- Personal Ministry and Health Evangelism: Are working on creative ways to reach our community. More to come.
- Lansing Church Townhall Meeting: this Sabbath evening at 6:30 pm. See below for how to join.
Dear Church Family,
“Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” – Luke 21:28.
I’ve been meditating on Psalms 91 in my personal time. What promises we have. Such verses will become increasingly precious as crises escalate.
Important Church Changes
Governor Whitmer has banned meetings of 50 or more people. The directed all churches to move entirely to live stream, with no in-person worship services. This impacts how we have traditionally worshipped as a community. There are three things that are weighing heavily on me during these changes:
- That these events draw us closer to Jesus.
- That we stay closely connected to better care for each other.
- That we take advantage of this unprecedented opportunity to minister to our community in safe and appropriate ways.
Draw Closer to Jesus:
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
— James 4:8
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”
— John 15:7
Take time to read your Bible and spend much time in prayer. Learn to “wrestle with God” in prayer. Discover the peace and assurance He provides.
Stay Closely Connected
1. Worshipping together.
Sabbath School: The SS departments are working gon plans to bring your SS class to your living room.:
Church: Don’t miss the Livestream worship service. Every Sabbath at 10:50 AM.
Tithes and Offering: Online here. Thank you for your faithfulness.
2. Staying in Contact and ministering to needs: The Bible has already given us a system by which we can stay connected, even if we are separated. We find it in the book of Exodus, chapter 18. The idea is simple. The entire church membership is connected in small, manageable groups. Each level is connected to the next, keeping us in close contact.
What we need: Approximately 35 people who will volunteer to keep in touch with 10 people (this includes everyone in a family. For example, 1 family of 5, would count as 5 people). If the Lord lays this burden on your heart, please sign up HERE:
3. Intentionality: This is one of the most important aspects of staying together. Be intentional about reaching out. Don’t wait for someone to call you. Call them.
To help with these areas, the pastoral team is working on a new website that should be rolled out in the next week or so.
Minister to our Community:
People are asking a lot of questions. Some are afraid. Many are stuck at home, with little to do. Personal Ministries and Health Ministries are exploring different options for our church to safely reach out to our community. Stay tuned for updates and ways that you can be a part of this.
Lansing Church Townhall Meeting:
A lot has changed over the last couple of weeks. It’s good for us to process this as a church. Find log-in information below. You can call in or join via zoom. Look forward to speaking with each of you tomorrow evening.
Time: Mar 21, 2020 06:30 PM America/Detroit
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 215 599 813
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,215599813# US (New York)
+13126266799,,215599813# US (Chicago)