By Tara Bride
S.I.N.G.L.E.S. (Souls In Need of God’s Love and Eternal Salvation) is an outreach ministry accepting the challenge to make a difference in forming relationships that will last an eternity. Everyone has a ministry, and we must invest in each individual. In Jesus “we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worked all things after the counsel of his own will: that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ” (Ephesians 1:11-12).
- to promote an awareness of single adults in the family, church and community
- to enable single adults to become socially and spiritually whole, caring and effective
- to promote a better understanding of the special needs and concerns of single adults
- to provide a blend of spiritual and social activities where single adults can meet and associate in an atmosphere that recognizes Christian values
- to aid single adults in their spiritual growth to become instruments in winning souls to Christ
- to develop meaningful service opportunities and mission endeavors for single adults.
Purpose and Goals:
- To develop an awareness in spiritual growth and become instrumental in winning others to Christ.
- To encourage each other to be Christians as God created us to be.
- To support meaningful service opportunities and mission endeavors.
- To provide a source of concerned and caring individuals who invite others to get involved to become part of a Christ-centered ministry.
Meet the S.I.N.G.L.E.S. Leader
My name is Tara Bride. I’ve married twice and both husbands are deceased. I am a mother with a 28-year-old son, Blake. I’m still employed preparing for my next phase in life.
I enjoy traveling, reading, racquetball and board games. I’ve participated in mission trips, including traveling to Mexico.
My favorite Bible verse is from the words of Paul in his letter to the Galatians: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28).